- Sturdy, well built
- Built in timer
- Well known company
- Large treatment area
- Difficult to manoeuvre to certain areas of pain
- Several reviews have shown that the lamps
they were sent only worked for several days before
- PORTABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: Adjustable tilt angle for direct heating where you need it and portable with a cord winder. Start it simply by pressing the On/Off switch and choosing your time
- XXL TREATMENT SURFACE: The IL 50 lamp is perfect for treating large parts of the body. For an ideal outcome we recommend a treatment area of 11.8” x 15.7”. Keep at minimum 12” – 16” distance
- EFFECTIVE DEEP PENETRATION: IR light therapy provides better pain relief by penetrating even deep layers of the skin. It improves cardiovascular health (blood flow) treats inflammation and promotes cell repair
- BEURER SAFETY FEATURES: 100% UV-free, built-in timer (1-15 mins) and overheat protection; Material of the Underside: Soft, Breathable Cotton
- ACCESSORIES & SUPPORT INCLUDED: Comes with an AC-Adapter with a cord winder. And if you have any questions, our friendly Florida based team is always happy to help
Analysis and review
Beurer, a company that originated in Germany, launched it’s U.S. Subsidiary in 2010. Currently, Beurer has 33 products in it’s North American market, and a total of 400 products in its European market. More information about the company, including their contact information, address, and product lists can be found at www.beurer.com.
Look and Design
The heat lamp has a sturdy, long-lasting look and design. It is equipped with a high-quality ceramic plate with a tilting function, two control buttons, and one handle on either side of the plate for better manoeuvrability.
It really feels professionally made and unlike a lot of it competitors we cpuld not find a fault with the build quality. From the high qulity plastic to the study tilting stand, everything about this product screams high quality.
Setup and Ease of use
The Packaging is sturdy cardboard. To use the device, simply remove it from the packaging, and plug it into a wall outlet and set your preferred treatment time using the control buttons. Set the lamp on a sturdy, hard surface such as a dresser, table, or chair, and sit 12-16 inches from it, with the treatment area facing the device. Use the tilting feature to angle the lamp towards the area of pain, if necessary. Once the treatment is complete, let the device cool down before attempting to move it or perform another treatment.
The device produces 300 watts of power and works in most standard 110v outlets. The wavelength of the light has not been exactly determined although it covers a broad red spectrum. The light produced starts at 500 nm and ranges to 2500 nm. The peak is primarily around1250nm. User reviews have shown that the lamp has successfully treated sore and achy backs and bronchial congestion in consumers who suffer from frequent sinus infections. The user should take caution when utilizing the device to treat pain or sinus infection in the facial area, as the light could potentially irritate your eyes until you are accustomed to the light. In spite of this, the lamp is proven to be both safe and effective for all other areas of the body and produces noticeable pain relief after the first use.
The Beurer heat lamp gives the user to ability to set the treatment times, between 1 and 15 minutes long. It also has an auto on/off timer, which doubles as a safety feature in the event that the user walks away and forgets to manually shut off the machine. The ceramic plate is also equipped with a tilting feature, making it easier to treat those hard to reach places.
When not in use the cable can be stored away in the base of the unti which is a nice feature.
The Beurer IL50 Infrared Heat Lamp sells for $79.99 on Amazon. This is a fair price for the pain relieving benefits the user receives, and to add to the relatively low cost, the company also offers a limited lifetime warranty.
All in all, this is the best infrared heat lamp on the market. It packs a punch and although not portable is perfectly sized to sit on a side table or a nightstand. The build quality is excellent and the price is fantastic. This easily earns our Editors award for the best Infrared Heat Lamp on the market today.