Lightweight and portable
660nm wavelength of light
Built in timer
Limited battery life
Small area of coverage
Not as powerful as cheaper alternatives.
- RELAX | RECOVER | RENEW – Feel your best again and again, take control of what really matters to You. Empower your wellness with Shine’s line of products, always ready at home or away on your next adventure. Try a Shine device now to get the benefits of natural red light.
- UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL – Get back to your best with confidence that you are choosing a scientifically proven device. Start feeling good today, so you can get out there, move your body and get back to your active lifestyle. Living an active life is the best way to achieve great health and longevity. Let TENDLITE help you get there.
- NATURALLY HEALTHY LIGHT – Don’t let pain keep you from doing what you love. Dare to live your life to the fullest. Simplify with Tendlite, feel wonderful again and start crossing things off your bucket list, today! Shine devices DO NOT use any harmful UV rays so you can use this High Power LED Light for natural relief.
- RECOMMENDED BY LEADING DOCTORS – Did you know that today’s leading doctors, physical therapists, trainers, and top athletes are using Tendlite? It’s time to Shine, the next-generation in health & wellness – take control with the touch of a button.
- YOU PROBABLY WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED – but RED / INFRARED Light technology was actually developed by NASA research, more than 40 years ago. We are able to bring you optimal results based on over a decade’s worth of research, real world experience and work with the leading Red Light Therapy scientists and engineers.
Analysis and review
We have found little information on Lumina Group inc although they have been selling this product for over 7 years. We find it strange that they do not appear to have a physical address listed on either their website or even in their instruction manual and we only managed to find they are located in San Diego through their Facebook page. They may not be the easiest to contact as we couldn’t find a telephone number listed for them anywhere.
Look and Design
This is a professional level product when it comes to the build quality and feel. It is made from a well-machined metal casing that is smooth and a nice color.
The Tendlite comes with a nice case to keep the parts together. It almost feels like a small flashlight and we have no doubt that with a different bulb it could be used as a portable flashlight
The device itself is small, lightweight and highly portable. You could keep it in your pant pockets or purse quite comfortably to use as and when you need to.
You should not look into the light and to prevent this they include some goggles which are large and cover your eyes comfortably.
The unit is turned on with a simple push button and while it felt o.k to us, we have read reports that this has broken on some users devices shortly after receiving the unit.
It comes with basic but complete instructions that are easy to follow.
Setup and Ease of use
Once unboxed you are required to charge the battery for four hours before using.
We have read complaints about this but sending a device with an empty battery is standard in most electronics.
It is easy to use by simply pressing the button. The light will shine for one minute and then switch off. You can repeat the treatment for another minute by double pressing the same button.
The batteries are easy to change and the device comes with a charger that plugs directly into the wall.
The charger is nothing special and is suitable to charge one battery at a time.
The literature is cleverly worded to say that this like provides 1500mw of power which sounds a lot but in reality is only 1.5 watts. This is suitable for this red light therapy device because the treatment area is only a 1-inch radius.
There are other models with a larger area of coverage and have more power but these units tend to have to be plugged into the mains.
The wavelength of light emitted is 660nm which is the wavelength of light that has the most research behind its effectiveness.
For more information about the wavelengths see our red light therapy page.
Being a battery powered device you need to be aware that you will get through batteries very quickly when using this device. Luckily they provide you with high powered, rechargeable 3.7v 3000mAh batteries.
You should not use any other batteries types with this product.
Luckily these are available online and at a cheaper price than the manufacturer sells them for.
The only feature of note is the built-in timer which switches the light off after one minute’s use.
This is a great addition although the treatment length does seem short compared to what other manufacturers recommend.
This light is limited in that it only provides the one type of light. It is now common for one device to provide alternative treatment options.
This light (at the time of writing) sells for $189.99 including shipping. We feel this is on the high side but are given some peace of mind by the 60-day satisfaction guarantee you get which is the equivalent of a free trial. This provides a no-risk purchase.
The extensive reviews written over a long period of time should also give you peace of mind.